Bloom Where You Are Planted!!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time flies....

I was going to be so good at blogging this busy few weeks and I am falling behind again :) Sorry Mom :)!

Evan's birthday was nice - he picked cheese fondue for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. We had a nice evening at home eating fondue.

His favorite b-day gift was a snow day (did I tell you about this already?!) ... they haven't had one at AIS in 4 years and he had one on Wednesday! We went sledding and to the VIC to have lunch with Dad.

The kids were out of school this past Friday and they are happy to be on a well deserved 3 week holiday break! Eric ended up being able to string together a few days off so he has been off all week too! Very fun....

We had a nice weekend and then took off Monday morning for an overnight ski vacation West of us. It was about 2.5 hour drive and we had a 2 GREAT days of skiing with perfect weather. I think I am a fair weather skier! The kids can out ski me hands down and it is sure fun to watch. I take lots of pretend potty breaks (hee hee!) We stayed in a little Gasthof...like a small bed and breakfast type place. On the way up Julia informed me that I probably wouldn't be ready for my poles the first day. (she is so funny!) On the way back when asked what her favorite run was she said "The one that Mommy started crying on" Okay, I have WAY whimped out in my older age -- I go SOOOO slowly and the steep runs are NOT for me. I am more than proud to say my kids were doing black diamonds with Eric while I stayed on the lesser hills! So my ideal skiing: lots of hot chocolate, good weather, not so steep hills, slow speeds. I'm pathetic.

Today we drove about 30 minutes to a town called Baden to check out their Roman Baths... apparently oldest and biggest Thermal pools in Europe. Sounds better than it was. :) It was actually fun, but we will probably not return as there are other ones that have more kids features (and less old people giving me dirty looks cuz my children were splashing). Great day though!

The kids are really excited about the Christmas season, but get sad when thinking of not being with family and friends. We have made some nice friends here that we will see on Christmas Eve (tomorrow) as we all gather at a really great Italian restaurant for a Christmas Eve meal together. This group has done this before and included us this year, which we are thankful for.

We hope you have much joy, anticipation and blessings in your home these next few days!

I'll ring in again, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!





I have to tell you that I am sorely missing receiving Christmas cards this year. I didn't realize how much I loved them! I understand you don't want to send them to Austria (I think it is over $1 to mail!), but I have a request if you have an extra... mail them to our old address and they are still forwarding our mail :) 4008 Cascade Drive, West Richland, WA 99353. We are working on our email Christmas card as it would be impossible to mail so many cards out - I would actually have to get a paying job!

Anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment