Well, I think it is safe to say that spring has arrived in Vienna. The trees are budding out, the forsythias are bloomed, the tulips are coming up and the weather has been pretty darn nice. (yeah)
We had a fun April Fool's morning as Eric and I stayed up late trying to think of something funny to do to the kids. It isn't easy as they begin talking about April Fool's jokes on March 27th! Well, we got them. Long story short, Eric 'pretend' threw up at the table (milk, cereal, etc...) while we were all eating breakfast. I swear I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. Evan was like "That was AWESOME! You totally got me!" and Julia ran crying from the room cuz she was sad that she thought Daddy was sick. So funny! Hope you all have a great day.
Eric had a good trip to Kazahstan --I think I spelled that right. It was interesting for him and always super cool to experience other cultures. Luckily he had plenty of translators around him as he doesn't speak any Russian or Kasah.
We have been waiting on Evan's player card for the Fortuna soccer team - it is now in so he is officially part of the team as of right now. He may not get much game time yet as he has to 'earn' his time, but that is okay - practices are good and he is getting excellent play time with very good players.
We just got back from going 'downstairs' for dinner. The 1st floor (they call it ground floor here) family are from Denmark and very nice. They moved in a few weeks ago and they have a 1 year old and 3 year old. They are fun, kind, funny, great conversationalists, wonderful parents, and easy neighbors so far. We all had a blast down there tonight and I think it will become fast family friends.
Julia had a party tomorrow and we are going on Sunday to the Bike Festival downtown at the Rathaus. They have trucked in TONS of dirt and made a jump course for bmx bikes... right in front of the Rathaus - you have probably seen us send pictures of this place where the ice skating was and several other events. As Evan said today "They don't go more than a few weeks without doing something HUGE at the Rathaus!" www.bikefestival.at I think they have a bike ride around downtown at 11am on Sunday - so maybe we'll just bike down there.
Been running with my running buddy Ida a lot training for our 1/2 marathon. The Vienna Marathon and 1/2 is April 17th and there are over 35,000 people already registered - this is by far the BIGGEST race I have ever been a part of. We ran about 12.5 on Tuesday so I think we are okay to do it, but I a may be a little slower than I would have wished. I just didn't put in the weekly total run miles that I should have... but on the other hand, if I run too many miles I think my body will break down. We are pumped and it will be really fun. My first 1/2 marathon. I have to say a full is still on my bucket list, but I would really have to have a buddy to do it with. Ida and I were thinking about going for it and seeking a cool destination to do it -- what fun would that be! Or maybe we'll just do a cool destination with another 1/2!
Headed to bed... supposed to be sunny and 70 both weekend days- YEAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment