So maybe things are becoming a bit normal as I haven't been on to blog in a few days. Not too much going on but I will fill in a few things.
First, funny story. So, you know how Evan loves to try his German, right? (so cute and great) Well, we were buying a bakery product of some sort for them to share and the nice man asked if they liked in and Evan said "Ich Liebe Dich" which is I LOVE YOU! instead of "Ich Liebe Dies" which is I LOVE IT/THIS! We were all laughing really hard!! There are Backarei's (Bakeries) everywhere... they love their bread and pastries and cafe/tee (tea).
Julia started gymnastics this week for her after school activity - she loved it today. She is preparing to lose her teacher for a few months as she leaves on maternity leave next week. The sub is a long time 1st grade teacher so it should hopefully work out well.
Evan went to tryouts on Monday and Tuesday for another club. He made the team, which is great...but we decided not to do this team. What??!! You are probably saying... well, the team was about 28 kids and 1 coach (AHHHH) and it was apparent that Evan would not be playing very much quality soccer so he chose to stay with the nice French coach for practices and not compete for a few months. It isn't the BEST case scenario, but the best we can do right now. It has been a long process and I think not a great one all in all, but I don't think we could have done anything differently in the end. They did play a 'friendly match' today which Evan could play in so that was fun. I am thrilled as it is 2 days per week instead of 3 and the location is much better!! :)
My Mom and Dad are coming to visit in November and we are all thrilled and can't wait. I am excited to show them around and to just 'hang out' too. The weather won't be great, but we'll just bundle up!!
I missed my German class today because I got all the way there (almost) and forgot my badge to get into the UN buildings. Bummer! I tried to make lemondade out of lemons so I walked around the inner city... I LOVE walking around all the old cobblestone streets and happening upon tons of shops etc... SO FUN! It was BEAUTIFUL today and I even layed down for a few minutes on the lawn looking up at one of the gorgeous museums in the Museum Quartier.
I am liking it here a lot and meeting some great people that I am sure will become great friends. I do miss what is familiar to me and things that I loved on a 'daily basis.' in WA... my friends, crossfit TNT, runs with Mia, Target :) I guess I will eventually feel familiar here and have new 'routines' etc... I am hoping when the boat shipment arrives on Monday (YEAH!), this will also help this process for the kids and I.
Back Soon.........
I am imagining how beautiful it must have been to lay down and look up at all the museums! And to take a moment. Love all the pics! You guys are doing so great!
ReplyDelete