So, we think we bought the right car for resale value in a few years! That is the bright side of finding your car broken into - window smashed and GPS/Stereo/CD Player console and airbags all stolen. Apparently our car is fairly popular for spare parts. Irony: we had finally gotten our butts in gear and found a possible church to try -- we were parked right outside the church. Darn those non-believing criminals! :)
Funny how you hold yourself together when your kids fall apart. Poor little Julia was so shocked, frightened, etc... that I held it together fine. Eric as always is calm cool and collected. What rattles this man of mine? (let's not find out)
We had met a few VERY nice people in the church that didn't expect us to take them up on their offer "to help anytime" just 5 minutes after leaving. The Polizei came, car is in shop and we have a short term rental. We should be back to normal by Friday or Monday.
So that was our Sunday excitement. Monday was back to school for the kids and they did well with getting back into routine. A rough spot was Julia's teacher was NOT back from maternity leave as expected. We aren't sure what is going on, but we think they were delayed in travel and hopefully will be back by Friday. Julia was more than a bit disappointed, but in Julia fashion - she rises to the occasion.
A few friends of mine that I really enjoy are back from the States after Christmas vacation there. They also arrived when we did (or after) - so I was a tiny jealous they got to go 'home'... but that is life. They did bring me back some nice goodies. Ida brought back a magazine (I forgot how much I love to read magazines!) and junior mints - YUM!!!!!! And a few other things too. I made a list for my dear friend Kara and she just shopped for me. Top of the list: She said I needed SPANX for my ball gown. A true friend. :) She brought some back for me. Oh - and mint M&M's ---- YUMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are going to the IAEA ball on Feb 5th. Have I talked about "Ball Season"?? -- it is truely old Vienna - they have many balls here over the next few months and we will be going to the big one sponsored by Eric's work. It is at the Hofburg Palace. Should be amazing.
Julia had a friend, Ayra, over to play after school today. The "after school" activities that the kids join don't start up until next week so leaves a few easy days for after school playdates. Julia signed up for Arts and Crafts and Swimming this next semester. Evan will continue with Basketball, hopefully start up soccer again in late Feb and he wanted to join Choir, which is Tuesdays after school. I am still not sure if he did it for fun or to torture the girls. He is continuing with Violin lessons and I think is joining the orchestra now which meets during school hours a few days per week. I think we are sufficiently busy with activities to keep everyone happy and hopping.
We are planning a ski weekend on Friday for 2 nights - 2 days of skiing. The kids are PUMPED.
Oh funny story - have been trying to talk to the man that cleans our building's stairs on Tuesdays. Using my limited German... it hasn't been working. I found out from the landlord he speaks polish. I felt so much better as I didn't think my German was THAT bad! :)
I think that is about the update for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment