Bloom Where You Are Planted!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to Life Back to Reality

Back a week from our wondeful ski vacation. The kids weren't thrilled to go back to school and I am pretty sure Eric felt the same way about work.

I tried to load some video from the camera onto this blog but it doesn't work. I have to figure out a way to share video clips easier via internet with family et.c.. If anyone is reading this and knows how, please ring in! I have some great skiing videos of the kids and a wonderful video from Evan's violin recital yesterday.

His first recital was yesterday and he did an amazing job. Eric accompanied him on piano which was very cool and so sweet. They put in a lot of practice time for about 3 days as Evan and his teacher switched songs as of Thursday. He did two songs and really nailed them! Even when Eric faltered a bit on the first piece, Evan kept composed and right on going. It was great!

Julia's was preparing her outfit for the recital and I heard her say, "Dad, do you think this will be okay for the big recital?" And I heard Eric say, "You look beautiful, but I think the crown may be too much" She is SO funny! So that day when she dressed, she instead had a hot pink headband with a veil. I said that I thought that wasn't appropriate for the recital and she said "It is the crown or the veil, pick one" Luckily I convinced her to wear the sparkly glittery black headband instead. She is the best combination of Fancy Nancy and Tom Boy... the best!

Did I tell you that Evan is trying out again for the U11 Fortuna team that he didn't make in the fall? He has been attending those practices with the hope of getting on "Max's team" this spring and going forward. I tell you, this kid has guts. I LOVE that he will go in there again with confidence and try again. We are hopeful but guarded as the coach is not very nice and the dynamics are quite strange in general. So - prayers for Evan, he really wants on that team. He played on Saturday for 10 min in their game, so that is a good start.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment