We arrived yesterday at Nassfeld in Austria for our ski week holiday. It is on the Italian border in the Alps and it is fantastic. The weather in Austria has been too warm and not enough snow, but after skiing today it wasn't bad at all. (my standards are fairly low though!)
The hotel is great and we have "half board" which means we get breakfast and dinner here, which is very fun and nice. There are 3 other families here that we know so that is fun. The pool area is great for the kids and everyone is having a great time.
Julia and I made it till 1:30 or so today and then came in fora little nap...she was tired. (okay, I was too!) Tomorrow I booked a massage (Happy Valentines Day to me!) and then will do the Sauna as it is woman's only for a few hours in the afternoon. I will soon do a whole blog on Austrian Saunas ... a crazy and interesting experience all in itself. (you can't wear clothes and it is men and women all the time... SO NOT American! :)) I did go in tonight with a towel around me but don't really like all the fat old men and their junk hanging out everywhere...yuck!
The food is good, the company is good, the skiing is good, the wine is good and I don't have to cook/do dishes/clean up -- I am in heaven. Hee hee
Oh my! You so made me laugh. "Junk" Your ski vacation sounds like a dream. Getting great exercise and fresh air, yummy food and wine and being with some friends. Love it
ReplyDeleteWow! It all sounds wonderful....well, except for the "junk hangin out". That aside, I'm glad you've having such a great trip. Hope the massage and women's only sauna were relaxing.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth