Thank God for good friends. The Young's were kind enough to invite us over for dinner last night but we had to call them and say we couldn't leave as the packer was still working... SO... they brought all the food to us. :) During our BBQ dinner a tiny baby bird walks across the patio -- right in front of Mia (our dog). Well if you know the Smith's, you know we can't raise hunting dogs even when we try... so Mia just looks at the bird. (thankfully)
We get the bird on a plate, trying not to touch it so that it can still be taken in by it's parents. We put it down away from us but it didn't look good for this little bird as we went to sleep. I was so hopeful the Mom would come carry it home somehow. Anyway... this morning I go out and he is in the sand and looks dead. I begin to bury him and he is barely alive. parents obviously aren't coming so I carry the bird inside and try to straw feed him some water. I stroked his tiny belly and he stretched out and then died right there. Poor little thing. I want to post a picture but all of our cords are somewhere?? right now! I am typing with the computer on a chair, sitting on the ground as everything is being packed up!
Eric took the kids to the pool and I am 'supervising' the packers. At the end of today all the items we want in Austria will have left. Packers arrive tomorrow to finish the rest and bring it to storage.
I am discombobulated in my home... I don't like this feeling but I do know we are doing the right thing and this is the adventure of our lifetime for our family. Hoping I am not so sad when we get on the plane Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment