What a long travel day...but fun! It turns out that flying 1st class internationally makes a 9 hour flight not just bareable but fun!! 2 movies and a few hours sleep and we had arrived! Food, drinks, excellent service, real blankets, real pillows, a huge chair that reclines to a bed.... it was fun!
After reading Julia the fancy menu options for dinner (seared mahi mahi, beef fillet, fancy ravioli, etc...) she said "So, no mac n cheese, huh?" !!
Julia and I slept for about 3 1/2 hours. It was odd to arrive into Paris their morning but it was our middle of the night. We are all a bit confused in the sleep/eat departments. We saw the Eiffel tower when flying in, so Julia was thrilled.
The flight from Paris to Vienna was uneventful and quick. The kids were disappointed in the 'regular 1st class'' .... go figure! We arrived at our hotel about 4:30 and cleaned up a bit. We are staying about 4 U-bahn (subway) stops from 'downtown' area, so we headed there to see it and get a bite to eat. When we climbed the stairs out of the subway right up into the big square where the Stephensdome is... WOW...beautiful. I thought "I can't believe we are living here!"
We had a quick dinner and then awesome gelato (icecream) and we are now back ready to hit the hay after only a few hours sleep in 24 hours. Hopefully we will get on their time zone quickly now. It was so fun to just walk around the cobblestone streets and be amongst all the hustle and bustle of a big European city.
Tomorrow will be busy... set up a bank account, stop into Eric's work, see an apartment etc... We only have a few appts so far to see apartments/flats...so hopefully something will be perfect for us. We are praying for that.
I'll figure out how to post pictures when I am not so exhausted!
Auf Wiedersehen!
Yea! You've arrived and had the very best the city has to offer - gelato (not sure what it is called in German)!!!! My favorite is hasselnuss mit schokolade...mmmmmmm :) I'm sure you'll be trying lots of different flavors in the next couple of years. Hope you get lots of rest tonight and are successful in your search for a home tomorrow. You're in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all arrived safely. So jealous! Sounds wonderful already!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jenn I just checked out your blog. It will be alot of fun to check in with you on your site and hear about your adventures! Take care and I will be thinking of you. Jamie
ReplyDeleteHi Jenn-
ReplyDeleteBe sure to post lots of pictures of your new area and all the travels you will be doing. I can't wait to see how the adventure goes.
much love-
Shelly